Bishop Larry J. Dennison has been preaching the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ since 1978. He founded Compassionate Outreach Ministries in June 1985 and has served as pastor since that time. Bishop Dennison proudly acknowledges that he is a “PK” (preacher’s kid), and the seventh child born in the union of the late Rev. Curtis L. Dennison and the late Mrs. Virginia Gloster Dennison.
Bishop Dennison has been happily married to his illustrious wife, First Lady Margaret Dennison since February 4th, 1978. They have two beautiful children, Shawndria and Jonathan. He is indeed a faith-based, dedicated leader with God’s anointing on his life.
The Bishop teaches and demonstrates how God wants a man to be the head of his family and to be a leader and provider. He has received his Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate degrees in Ministry. He is a Certified Pastoral Addiction Counselor, a Licensed Christian Marriage & Family Therapist, and a registered Pre-Marital Preparation Course Provider.
Bishop Dennison’s preaching, teaching, and leadership goes beyond the pulpit platform or the conventional four walls of the church as he brings a message of service and outreach to those who are in need of guidance and spiritual intervention in their lives. The Ministry has allowed him to travel extensively. He has shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ in convalescent homes, prisons, parks, hospitals, street corners, private homes, on television including the TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network), radio, internet, and to churches of diverse denominations. His preaching, teaching, counseling, love, and prayers have brought deliverance to many. In addition to serving as the pastor of Compassionate Outreach Ministries, Bishop Dennison also oversees several pastors and churches.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- Member of the Alachua County Christian Pastor's Association
- Voted Pastor of the Year
- Recipient of the Pastor Appreciation Award
- Inducted into the Florida Star Religious Hall of Fame
- Featured in Gospel Today Magazine as one of "The Most Loved Pastors in The World
- Recognized for Outstanding Community Involvement by Delta Sigma Theta
- Recipient of the Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) Energizer Award
- Nominee for the Spirit of Gainesville Award for Community Service
- Graduate of the Gainesville Police Department’s First Annual Faith-Based Leadership Academy
- Recipient of the Martin Luther King Jr. “Drum Major for Justice” Award
- Consecrated and ordained as a Bishop in the Lord’s church, in 2007
- Elevated to the position of Jurisdictional Bishop for the State of Florida by C.L.U.R.T International and the College of Bishops, in 2011
- Author of "The Doctrine of Salvation," a book which provides a simple explanation of the greatest gift ever given to man - salvation. The book is available by contacting Compassionate Outreach Ministries.